Friday 26 May 2023

This Blog Is Moving

This blog has been my Sitcom Geek home for 13 years. I started this blog in 2010 when the world seemed very different. Although people liked to laugh back then, they really need laughs now. So writing sitcoms isn't a waste of time. It is, in fact, a public service. So let's keep going with it.

And people love sitcoms. A good one that's reliably funny for over a hundred episodes, and bears repeat viewing is a truly wonderful thing.

So although Dave Cohen and I wrapping up the Sitcom Geek podcast, I plan to continue writing about writing sitcoms. I can't not do it. I just find it endlessly fascinating. I am a sitcom geek.

To be honest, I've never liked the aesthetic of this blog and I've lived with it. But now's the time to move to another platform I've been using already. So I'm going to continue writing about sitcoms over on Substack.

See you over there. And please subscribe and you'll get an email in your inbox containing the article to read at your leisure. Hopefully it will help you write better sitcom scripts.

Here is an obviously fake picture of people pretending to move house. That box is clearly empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment